Integrative, Alternative and Holistic Health
- Dr. Mark Hyman
- Food Babe
- Dr. Lipman
- Dr. Alejandro Junger
- The Vegetarian Resource Group
- Reader-submitted vegan and vegetarian recipes
- Information, recipes, discussions about the vegetarian way of life
- Edible and medicinal wild plants and mushrooms, nature and ecology
- Healthiest diet for our bodies and the earth is a whole food, plant-based diet
Organizations and Associations
- www.earthsave.org Earth Save leads a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking concrete steps to promote healthy and life-sustaining food choices.
- www.cspinet.org Center for Science and the Public Interest
- www.mypyramid.com New USDA Food Pyramid
- www.pcrm.org Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, non-profit organization that promotes preventative medicine, conducts clinical research, and encourages higher standards for ethics and effectiveness in research.
The Organic Trade Association
Organic Consumers Association
Slow Food Movement
Articles on healthy eating
Nation’s most effective environmental action organization.
The Sierra Club
Union of Concerned Scientists
Frances Moore Lappe (published Diet for a Small Planet in 1971)
Anna Lappe’s organization and book
Guide to Green Businesses and Natural Foods and Restaurants
Fair trade ensures Third world farmers get a fair percentage of what consumers pay.
Organic, Whole, and Local Food
co-op directory service: find a natural food coop near you
Quality Wildcrafted Sea Vegetable and Information
Find a farm tour in your area
Learn about groups across the country that are increasing access to good, healthy, organic foods. Find out about ways to get involved.
- Find a farmer’s market near you
Community Supported Agriculture
Find a market or CSA (community supported agriculture) near you.
The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation
Slow Down Movement